Thursday, February 18, 2010

Promises Promises

I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with the lyrics to the song Promises Promise by Naked Eyes from the 80's but they are relevant to me:

You made me promises, promises
You knew you'd never keep
Promises, promises
Why do I believe
All of your promises
You knew you'd never keep
Promises, promises
Why do I believe



Why are these relevant, you ask?  Well, I took a vow that I was not going to have sex with anyone other than my boyfriend for lent.  That's forty days of faithful Windy City.  As you probably guessed, not so successful.  I was faithful to the vow for all of 18 hours.  I guess it's time to re-dedicate myself.  So here I go again but it's almost been 18 hours since the trick so I'm doing good, right?  

3 comments:

  1. I didn't even know you had a boyfriend--or I forgot. Was the hookup worth it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've written about him before but it is rare that I mention him. Our relationship is complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's why I never make promises like that... I will always fail. If you're a good Catholic boy like me, you're going to hell. Lol. I made a promise to my partner and broke the 1st on within a few days. At least we'll keep each other company for eternity.
    BlkJack

    ReplyDelete